As the Test Lead you will be responsible for setting the high-quality standards and processes for the test team. You will work with key stakeholders and test teams to ensure standards and processes are followed to help ensure that high quality software products are delivered to our customers.
You will implement and roll out to the team an automation testing framework which delivers high quality and wide covering software testing in a consistent, repeatable and unsupervised fashion.
At GL Education, we are passionate about the role we play in supporting schools to ensure that all students reach their full potential.We do this by providing assessment solutions that help teachers learn more about their pupils, so they can find the best way to teach them.
We are the leading UK provider in what we do and growing fast internationally – at the last count we have delivered over 7 million online tests across the globe. However, this only accounts for 1 per cent of the children in the world.Our mission is to ensure all children have the best possible start by having access to our education tools.
- Develop High Quality Solutions incorporating:
- Creation, review and execution of Test artefacts as required
- Production of appropriate testing strategies, ensuring that these address both functional and non-functional elements, ensuring that usability is a central consideration in all development projects.
- Ensure that testing strategies address all aspects of testing and are embedded into all stages of the development lifecycle.
- Ensure the effective and efficient testing and software quality / delivery practices.
- Monitors and guides the testing processes and records and publishes testing metrics required to assess risk throughout the development lifecycle
- Ensure the right engagement from across GL for effective UAT on each software delivery.
- To drive the research and adoption of relevant new tools/practices and techniques for the benefit of improving software quality.
- Automated testing tools which can be ran frequently, quickly and without supervision
- To ensure external suppliers deliver high quality products
- Independent reports to key stakeholders of testing related project risks and resolutions.
- Mentoring and Leadership:
- Inspire testing team members to adopt continuous improvement practices
- Provide and receive quality feedback to/from peers and team members to aid personal development.
- Drive the research and adoption of relevant new testing technologies and techniques
- Collaboration and Relationships:
- With current lead / team to agree priorities, provide estimates, report progress and identify risks/impediments and escalate.
- With Sales, Customers and 3rd line Technical Support to understand issues affecting them.
- With Technology colleagues e.g. Architects, Business Analysts, Developers to understand usage and design purpose.
- With other relevant stakeholders.as required.
Location: Houghton-le-Spring (Home-based currently)
House: Full time, 37.5 hours per week
What we are looking for:
- High technical competency, with an appreciation for testing trends and industry best practice.
- Wide breadth of technology expertise.
- Proven experience in a lead or senior role.
- Strong and highly skilled communicator with the ability to liaise with technical and non-technical staff
- A degree in computer science (or another numerate discipline) is desirable
- High levels of self – motivation, resilience, drive and initiative
- Strong decision maker and personality, to make and stand by decisions based on fact.
- Highly motivated individual, bringing the drive to improve overall quality of GL solutions, along with the ability to motivate others to embrace new processes and techniques
- Access to a benefits and discount platform with access to 1000’s of discounts at retailers, leisure attractions and restaurants (GLEe provided by Reward Gateway)
- BUPA Healthcare, Life assurance, Permanent health insurance
- Weekly fruit platters (when office-based)
- Pension scheme with enhanced employer contributions
- Season ticket loan, childcare assistance, EAP
- Generous annual leave (including a day off for your birthday)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Covid-19 compliance/safe, managed, working environment