The Mental Maths test for Progress Test in Maths is provided as an audio recording.
Equipment needed to deliver the Mental Maths test
- You will either need internet access in the test session or will need to download and save the audio file in advance.
- You will need speakers connected to your computer.
How to access the audio recording
If internet access is available in the test session
- Just click on the ‘Play’ button below.
If internet access is not available in the test session
- You will need to download and save the audio file in advance.
- Right click on the download link below each test.
- Click 'Save link as' or 'Save target as'.
- Save file to a folder on your computer.
- Once saved, open up the file to check you can play the audio file.
- Please check that you can play the audio file in advance of the Mental Maths test session.
- Listen to the audio recording before delivering the test, to familiarise yourself with how the test is administered.
- Refer to the instructions about the Mental Maths test session provided in the PTM Teacher 'At A Glance Guide'.
- At the start of the test session, check that the recording is played loud enough for all pupils.