The QA Tester will deliver high quality software to meet customer and commercial needs in accordance with defined standards, best practice and agreed deadlines. You will be responsible for identifying software quality issues and customer specific issues.
At GL Education, we are passionate about the role we play in supporting schools to ensure that all students reach their full potential.We do this by providing assessment solutions that help teachers learn more about their pupils, so they can find the best way to teach them.
We are the leading UK provider in what we do and growing fast internationally – at the last count we have delivered over 7 million online tests across the globe. However, this only accounts for 1 per cent of the children in the world.Our mission is to ensure all children have the best possible start by having access to our education tools.
- Testing to a high quality incorporating:
- Creation of Test artefacts as required
- Review test artefacts and source documents as required
- Test/Retest execution within defined phase (e.g. System, Automation, Regression, Performance, Ad Hoc etc.)
- Record and communicate issues found during test phases
- Ensure appropriate recording of key information (e.g. test results / meetings / coverage, progress)
- Provide test estimates as required.
- Adhere to test processes / standards and contribute to process improvement.
- Escalate risk to milestone and deliverables.
- Endeavour to understand the users of the products and their needs.
- Mentoring and Leadership
- Share knowledge with peers and team members
- Contribute new ideas.
- Actively increase levels of skills and knowledge
- Collaboration and relationships
- With current lead / team to agree priorities, provide estimates, report progress and identify risks/impediments and escalate.
- With other testers to maintain and share knowledge
- With Sales, Customers and 3rd line Technical Support to understand issues affecting them.
- With Technology colleagues e.g. Architects, Business Analysts, Developers to understand usage and design purpose.
- With other relevant stakeholders.as required.
Location: Houghton-le-Spring (Home-based currently)
House: Full time, 37.5 hours per week
What we are looking for:
- Good domain or product knowledge with experience in designing and implementing test artefacts
- Understanding of relevant test principles and best practice
- Awareness of relevant automation tools.
- Good problem solver with excellent organisation skills
- Good listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- A degree in computer science (or another numerate discipline) would be desirable
- Access to a benefits and discount platform with access to 1000’s of discounts at retailers, leisure attractions and restaurants (GLEe provided by Reward Gateway)
- BUPA Healthcare, Life assurance, Permanent health insurance
- Weekly fruit platters (when office-based)
- Pension scheme with enhanced employer contributions
- Season ticket loan, childcare assistance, EAP
- Generous annual leave (including a day off for your birthday)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Covid-19 compliance/safe, managed, working environment