GL Assessment have an exciting opportunity for a Full Time Business Development Manager to join our team in Brentford.
The Business Development Manager will work closely with the International Director to identify and secure new revenue (primarily through school groups and resellers) across the International Schools’ market.
The successful candidate will also work closely with colleagues across the international team and the wider business to ensure close synergies and build on the excellent growth and retention record already achieved.
There is scope for the post-holder to identity and develop compelling strategies to enter new markets and segments, that will require close collaboration with departments across GL to support and influence the vision for product development,
Who are we?
GL Assessment is the leading provider of formative assessments to UK schools, as well as providing assessments for overseas ministries and British, bilingual and international schools in over 100 countries worldwide.
- Identify, develop opportunities and establish revenue from new school Groups
- Identify opportunities and establish agreements / processes where channel partners will support growth across international schools’ markets while ensuring exceptional levels of customer support are maintained and complementing activities of sales consultants working in the field
- Develop to support business growth in new markets or segments in collaboration with International Director and International Manager
- Research, identify, analyse and lead bespoke business development activities (where agreed) that will support future growth internationally, while influencing (if required) product development to support future growth.
- Secure retention, cross sell and new business opportunities.
- Close collaboration with Key Accounts Consultant (Group and Resellers) to ensure new business achieved is then supported through robust account management.
- Collaboration with International Management team to support sales & marketing activities across the international markets
- Confidently represent GL Education as required at meetings, events and industry conferences; deputising as needed for International Director at customer or industry events, meetings, and conferences.
- Produce weekly and monthly business update/commercial reports (as required) for the international Director; takes resourcing and opportunity into account
- Prepare, business plan to include sector, regional and account development opportunities
- Support International Management team with overall business development strategies as required.
What are we looking for?
- Has a track record of exceeding goals successfully – is consistently one of the top performers
- Competitive, tenacious and enthusiastic – drives to achieve results
- A persuasive influencer, and an active listener; shows personal commitment to the vision
- Have gravitas to represent GL externally to key stakeholders
- Pushes self and helps others achieve results; invites input
- Demonstrates creative problem solving, quality decision-making and sound analytical capabilities
- Effective collaborative skills across the business, building strong internal and external networks
- Persistent in accomplishing objectives and results despite obstacles and setbacks; is confident under pressure
- Follows through on commitments and makes sure others do the same
- Ability to manage complex projects, multi-task and see things through to the finish
- Become a respected role model for those more junior in the team; nurturing talent and recognising others’ achievements
Hours: Full Time, 37.5 hours over 5 days per week
- Access to a benefits and discount platform with access to 1000’s of discounts at retailers, leisure attractions and restaurants (GLEe provided by Reward Gateway)
- BUPA Healthcare, Life assurance
- Weekly fruit platters, parking facilities
- Pension scheme with enhanced employer contributions
- Season ticket loan, childcare assistance, eye care scheme
- Generous Annual Leave (including a day off for your birthday)
To apply please send in your CV and cover letter explaining why you are interested, why we should meet you and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org